Eaton’s Electrical – Power Components division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer Procurement to join our team. This position is based at our Haina facility.
The Senior Buyer Procurement is responsible for executing the procedures relating to the area of local and international purchases to ensure supplies of materials needed for each area of the organization, selecting the right suppliers, negotiate and carry out orders according to established departmental requirements. for the Eaton Business System (EBS).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Responsible to contribute and make purchases of items in local and international market, such as disposable materials for manufacturing, office supplies for all departments, supplies for the area of maintenance and miscellaneous.
- Responsible for data entry of local and international purchase orders.
- Responsible for daily sent all orders to each provider, track it and confirm receipt in our facility and delivered to the applicant.
- Follow up on purchase orders with suppliers and ensure timely delivery.
- Monitoring of requisitions made daily in local system, to follow the requirements of different departments.
- Control inventory and indirect materials budget production.
- Follow the closure of orders upon receipt the requirements, by the Receiving Clerk in AS400 at each division.
- Support the Accounts Payable Department in the process of closing orders and bill payment.
- Responsible for releasing invoices in hold.
- Keeping the database up to date on the Purchase Order System (MAPICS).
- Responsible for dealing with the inclusion of new suppliers or changes that are already in the system through the Gatekeeper.
- Manage petty cash department.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or similar careers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar areas.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- PC knowledge, Microsoft Office, AS400, Windows, Access, ERP/MRP.
- Capacity and ability to work under pressure and prioritize.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time